Tired of going out and not being able to bring your dog along? You’ve come to the right place! Richmond has plenty of restaurants, parks, and other dog-friendly places to make sure you and your pup can always have an adventure.
Restaurants & Breweries
There are more than 100 dog-friendly food and beverage places in Richmond, so we’ve highlighted our favorites below.
1. Burger Bach (10 S Thompson St, Richmond, VA, US, 23221)
- The waiters bring out water bowls, and the dog-friendly patio is great.
2. Boulevard Burgers and Brew (1300 North Blvd, Richmond, VA, US, 23230)
- Fun, central location with a dog-friendly patio and water bowls provided.
3. Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint (5810 Grove Ave, Richmond, VA, US, 23226)
- Enjoy your favorite burgers and beers with your dog out on the patio.
4. Ardent Brewery (3200 W Leigh St, Richmond, VA, US, 23230)
- Dog-friendly patio with plenty of other furry friends to play with.
Richmond has plenty of scenic outdoor walks for you and your dog. See the full list here – but the best ones are below!
1. Barker Field at Byrd Park (2481 Park Dr, Richmond, VA, US, 23221)
- An off-leash, fenced-in dog park with swings, shade, and water.
2. Stony Point Fashion Park (9200 Stony Point Pkwy, Richmond, VA, US, 23235)
- This mall is dog-friendly! Drinking stations and waste bag dispensers are located throughout.
3. James River (2000 Pump House Dr, Richmond, VA, US, 23221)
- Take your pup on a calming riverside walk where the both of you can swim to cool off!
1. Ashland Farmers Market (Saturdays from 9AM to 12PM)
- 310 S James St, Ashland, VA 23005
- Shop local! Pick up some fresh vegetables and herbs or local honey and fresh flowers.
2. RVA Big Market (Saturdays from 9AM to 12PM in Winter and 8AM to 12PM in Summer)
- 4308 Hermitage Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Visit Richmond’s year-round outdoor market for the largest selection of local vendors in the area!
3. South of the James Market (Sundays from 10AM to 1PM)
- 4308 Hermitage Rd, Richmond, VA 23227
- Find everything ranging from vegetables to handmade items from local artisans!
All in all, Richmond, VA is the perfect city to take your pup exploring. There are always more activities and locations that let you bring your dog with you, so challenge yourself to find a new spot!